I found myself watching all 3 extended endings plus the new ‘refusal’ ending and giggling at the Internet hatred over them.
Each ending can be summarized as a choice of either genocide, slavery, eugenics, or arms crossed genocide.
A vast section of the Internet is grumpy because even if they do everything right, the galaxy still goes to shit. But sometimes against an insurmountable force that’s how life is and the ghosts of my yard’s dead ants would agree.
It makes me wonder if the endings are more appreciated in Japan where movies like Old Boy are acclaimed and depressing movie endings are the norm.
In other news, self entitlement continues to plague our culture.
- mariomo said: Old Boy is a South Korean movie. I get your point though, endings without closure or the ‘happily ever after’ seems to make people uncomfortable.
- chaotic likes this
- iamr4wr likes this
- dubsideofthemind likes this
- avidita likes this
- lacey likes this
- noxxten likes this
- thatfrenchman said: I happen to think the extended ending was perfectly executed and all I ever wanted. I’m now satisfied.
- deuscain likes this
- david likes this
- alleeshaw said: I really don’t think that anyone was objecting to it being a depressing ending but that it was inconsistent with the game mechanics and shepherd’s reaction was inconsistent with his character.
- kingsunderthelonelymountain likes this
- bluelunchbox likes this
- kevinnuut posted this